Reply To: Sketchnote Videos

June 3, 2016 at 9:18 am #6273
Profile photo of Doug NeillDoug Neill
Participant

I like the idea of developing your own style but being flexible to adjust things on a project-by-project basis depending on what the clients want.

I like showing my desk and then sliding the paper in to show the realness (and non-sterilized-ness) of the process, with the goal of making sketchnoting approachable since my audience is folks interested in learning how to sketchnote.

For certain client work, though, it might make more sense to only see the white background and then the sketch. So I guess it all depends on who you’re making it for, what the ultimate goal of the video is, and the context surrounding how it will be shared.

And to answer your question, Raven, the warmer tint in my videos is a combined result of the color of my table and the color of the (incandescent) lights that I use. It’s not really intentional, but I do like how it turns out – I currently have the white balance on my camera set to automatic, but I could tweak it to make the white paper actually look white (which I’ll be doing and documenting for the sketchnote videos course).